Airport Foundation MSP
Job Title: Volunteer Manager – Full Time
Supervisors Title: Travelers Assistance Director, Airport Foundation MSP
General Summary: Airport Foundation MSP is looking for a highly-skilled, organized, motivated Volunteer Manager to recruit, screen, place, supervise, and retain volunteers in support of the Foundation’s mission, programs, services, and events. This position is responsible for 400+ Travelers Assistance volunteers and Animal Ambassadors, as well as the development and execution of new volunteer programs supporting Arts at MSP and tourism initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, creative, dynamic professional with enthusiasm for the Foundation’s mission and a proven ability to motivate and manage individuals and large groups of staff and/or volunteers. The position is open until filled and the starting salary range is 50,000-60,000 annually. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Airport Foundation and airport staff to develop training programs and updates training materials as needed.
- Works with all Foundation departments to identify volunteer needs and create necessary training.
- Develops and implements strategies for volunteer recruitment, recognition, and retention. Uses creativity to solve issues.
- Recruits and screens new volunteers to fill current and future needs, assessing strengths of prospective volunteers to ensure proper job assignments. Ensures adequate volunteer staffing levels to fill needs of the airport.
- Maintains volunteer records, maintains volunteer database and schedules.
- Manages Custom Seal program.
- Works with Marketing Department and Travelers Assistance Director to coordinate all volunteer events.
- Manages volunteer policy development and implementation.
- Resolves conflict and manages the grievance process.
- Manages the MSP Animal Ambassador program.
- Monitors and communicates status of volunteers to Travelers Assistance staff on a regular basis.
- Makes volunteer program recommendations to Travelers Assistance Director and Travelers Assistance Committee.
- Participates in Foundation management meetings and MAC and airline meetings as requested by Travelers Assistance Director.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Travelers Assistance Director or as the situation dictates.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize all aspects of the volunteer program.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to explain and interpret volunteer policies and procedures in order to resolve situations appropriately.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Skill in working with diverse/special populations
- Ability to organize groups to facilitate achievement of goals.
- Skilled in written and oral communication; ability to make group presentations.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a consistently positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekend and evenings.
- Models appropriate customer service standards
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree or experiential equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in volunteer personnel management.
- Experience developing partnerships with outside agencies helpful.
- Computer experience in word processing and databases. Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Publisher, and Volgistics helpful.
- Interest/or experience in the travel or aviation industries.
Note: All employment is contingent upon successful completion of five to ten year background checks and maintaining badge holder privileges.