Job Title: Volunteer Manager – Full Time
Supervisors Title: Travelers Assistance Director, Airport Foundation MSP
General Summary: Recruits, trains, retains and recognizes Airport Foundation MSP volunteers and provides strategy and direction for volunteer program development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with TA Manager and Foundation and airport staff to develop training programs and updates training materials as needed.
- Works with all Foundation departments to identify volunteer needs and create necessary training.
- Develops and implements strategies for volunteer recruitment, recognition and retention. Uses creativity to solve issues.
- Recruits and screens new volunteers to fill current and future needs; assessing strengths of prospective volunteers to insure proper job assignments. Ensures adequate volunteer staffing levels to fill needs of the airport.
- Maintains volunteer records, maintains volunteer data base and schedules.
- Manages Custom Seal program.
- Works with Marketing Department and TA Manager to coordinate all volunteer events.
- Manages volunteer policy development and implementation.
- Resolving conflict or managing the grievance process.
- Managing the Animal Ambassadors.
- Monitors and communicates status of volunteers to TA Director and TA staff on a regular basis.
- Makes volunteer program recommendations for Travelers Assistance Director and TA Committee.
- Participates in Foundation management meetings and MAC and airline meetings as requested by Travelers Assistance Director.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Travelers Assistance Director or as the situation dictates.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize all aspects of the volunteer program.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to explain and interpret volunteer policies and procedures in order to resolve situations appropriately.
- Good creative problem solving skills.
- Skill in working with diverse/special populations; ability to organize groups to facilitate goals.
- Skill in written and oral communication; ability to make group presentations.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a consistently positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekend and evenings.
- Models appropriate customer service standards
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree or experiential equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in volunteer personnel management.
- Experience developing partnerships with outside agencies helpful.
- Computer experience in word processing and data bases. Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Publisher, and Volgistics helpful.
- Interest /or experience in the travel or aviation industries.
Note: All employment is contingent upon successful completion of five to ten year background checks and maintaining badge holder privileges.
To apply for this position, please click this link to send a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with a resume.