JOB TITLE: Travelers Assistance Manager, Full Time – exempt
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Travelers Assistance Director, Airport Foundation MSP
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manages daily TA program operations for Airport Foundation MSP at MSP International Airport including staff and volunteer supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and maintains all aspects of daily TA operations.
- Provides direction and support to TA staff and volunteers to insure quality customer service standards are met.
- Works with TA Director to manage and evaluate operations, policies and procedures for TA program and its components.
- Hires, trains, directs, evaluates, and schedules TA Shift Supervisors.
- Communicates with Shift Supervisors on a regular basis and promotes teamwork.
- Supports Volunteer Manager in creation and administration of training and recruitment of TA volunteers.
- Supports all recognition activities and assists with all TA volunteer events.
- Handles and/or assists program staff with volunteer supervision and any necessary disciplinary actions.
- Develops and maintains relationships with MAC, airport tenants and outside agencies.
- Assesses program data and statistical information and provides regular reports to TA Director and/or Executive Director.
- Researches and updates airport and airline information; shares relevant information with staff and volunteers.
- Serves on airport committees/projects as necessary.
- Completes any and all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work as part of team and delegate assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize duties to meet deadlines and goals amidst a fast-paced environment; detail oriented.
- Ability to explain and interpret policies and procedures in order to resolve situations appropriately.
- Strong creative problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Comfort in working with diverse/special populations; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to make group presentations.
- Ability to walk throughout the airport and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work weekends; some schedule flexibility required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four College degree or experiential equivalent.
- Minimum five years experience leading daily activities for multi-faceted customer service oriented program.
- Minimum five years experience directly supervising professional staff.
- Training or experience that provides knowledge of the principles and practices of volunteer program management.
- Experience and patience navigating through layered reporting structures.
- Computer competency with Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access), volunteer management software/ systems, and Web navigation.
- Interest or experience in the travel or aviation industries.
Note; Employment is contingent upon successful completion of five to ten year background checks and ability to maintain badge holder privileges.
To apply for this position, please click this link to send a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with a resume.