JOB TITLE: Travelers Assistance (TA) Shift Supervisor, Airport Foundation MSP – Part Time
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: TA Director/Travelers Assistance/Airport Foundation MSP
GENERAL SUMMARY: Coordinates TA program activities at the MSP International Airport on assigned shifts; insures assistance provided by volunteers meets customer service standards. Work with a great team in a rewarding airport/aviation environment. Includes a part-time employee benefit package to be discussed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees operations of the TA program on assigned days and evenings. Directly responsible for the supervision of all volunteers at Information Booths and as “Go Guides” during assigned shifts. Helps develop and implement TA policies and procedures.
2. Assists in scheduling TA volunteers and filling shifts at information booths and roving locations
3. Assists with TA volunteer training, development and communication; uses Volgistics system to maintain volunteer records. Assists with TA volunteer recruitment, recognition, and events.
4. Identifies problems or issues with volunteers or services. Works with TA Director to make corrections and insure quality customer service standards are met; reassigns or disciplines volunteers, when needed.
5. Researches and updates airport and airline information; shares relevant information with staff and volunteers.
6. Develops and maintains relationships with airport tenants and outside agencies to insure program needs are addressed.
7. Models appropriate customer service standards. Makes program recommendations to TA Director.
8. Performs related duties as assigned by the TA Director or as the situation dictates.
9. Coordinates daily program operations in the absence of the TA Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize duties to meet deadlines and goals amidst a fast-paced environment
2. Ability to work as part of team and delegate assignments
3. Ability to explain and interpret policies and procedures in order to resolve situations appropriately
4. Skill in working with diverse/special populations
5. Skill in written and oral communication
6. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, walk throughout the airport
7. Ability to work varied hours including some weekends. Shifts may include mornings, afternoons and evenings
8. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. College degree or experiential equivalent
2. Experience coordinating daily activities for customer service organization and supervising staff or volunteers
3. Training or experience that provides a basic knowledge of the principles and practices of volunteer program management
4. Technology/Computer experience, including MS Office Suite and internet resources
5. Interest/or experience in the travel or aviation industries
This position will include every Thursday pm, one Friday pm shift per month and two weekend pm shifts per month
(one 7:30 am to 2:00 pm /one 1:30 pm to 8:00 pm (2016 schedule is available). There is also a one-time per month Staff Meeting on alternating days. Additional hours may be available to assist in covering team employee openings.