Airport Foundation MSP
Job Title: Performing Arts Coordinator, Arts@MSP
Supervisors Title: Director, Arts@MSP
General Summary: Administer and coordinate performing arts programs at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under guidance of the Director of Arts@MSP, coordinates high quality and diverse performing arts programming at MSP International Airport facilities, events, and related venues.
- Works with marketing department to promote performances with web and printed content.
- Schedules music to be programmed on air and for live performances; considering internal and external requests for performing arts activities.
- Responds to inquiries regarding compliments, complaints and requests for information pertaining to performing arts activities.
- Classifies and catalogs all recordings and maintains computerized music library.
- Assists Director of Arts@MSP in monitoring budgets and program development.
- Participates and supports Foundation and airport community projects and events.
- Maintains performance schedules, agreements, processes payments, and all logistics of performances and performer orientations.
- Arranges, maintains, and troubleshoots audiovisual, microphones, amplifiers, soundboard, and other technical equipment related to live performances.
- Coordinates and supports the daily operations of the Arts@MSP Department including office management and administrative support to include scheduling, meeting minutes, database management, supply inventory, and filing.
- With Volunteer Manager, trains, schedules, and supervises exhibitions volunteers, and supervises contract installation/deinstallation workers and volunteers.
- Creates and provides regular reports to the Director of Arts@MSP.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of music history and formats, composers, compositions, performers, performances, and interpretation.
- Ability to remain organized in a multifaceted, fast-paced work environment with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, comfortable and effective working with all levels of staff and with diverse groups of people from different cultures.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to walk distances up to a mile and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and a vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
- Ability to pass a 5 – 10 year background check and maintain badge holder privileges.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Music, Theatre, Broadcasting, Communications, Marketing or related discipline.
- Two years related experience in musical and/or performing arts selection, cultural, or non-profit programming, and working with audio equipment.
- Understanding of radio production, recording procedures and techniques, broadcast rules, regulations, and guidelines very helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the ability to learn other software.
For consideration, send resume with cover letter and salary requirements, via this link.
Arts@MSP is a program of the Airport Foundation MSP and is governed by the Arts and Culture Master Art Plan for MSP International Airport.