Job Title: Lottery/Gambling Sales Clerk
Supervisor’s Title: Managing Director, Airport Foundation MSP
General Summary: Responsible for lottery and gambling sales
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explaining the details and process of play on a variety of lottery and gambling products to customers.
- Accurately maintaining multiple separate cash drawers for lottery and gambling sales and payment of prizes.
- Restocking, reporting, activating and settling of lottery instant ticket games.
- Complete set up, merchandising and close out accounting of Charitable Gambling pull-tab games, including maintenance of accurate unredeemed prize display and completed receipts.
- Diplomatically managing the customer queue to limit duration of wait times while answering questions and handling lengthy transactions.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of and strict adherence to numerous State of Minnesota Charitable Gambling regulations regarding the conduct of pull-tab gaming.
- Calculating sales, balancing out cash and accurately completing all required shift reports.
- Providing knowledgeable customer service to the traveling public.
- Opening, closing and general cleaning of retail location.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy and superior mathematical skills.
- Familiar with basic computer and office equipment with the analytical ability to troubleshoot malfunctions in on-line lottery equipment.
- Unconditional honesty and personal integrity.
- Strong customer service orientation and superior communications ability, particularly the ability to understand and effectively communicate with persons who have limited English skills.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds, stand for periods of up to four hours and walk distances of up to a mile.
- Able to work unsupervised and to multitask amidst a fast-paced distracting environment.
- Able to function as an effective team member, cooperating with and supporting fellow staff members.
- Willing to work holidays, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Comfortable working with all levels of management.
- Legibility and neatness.
Required Education and Experience:
- This position requires a high school degree or experiential equivalent.
- A minimum of two years experience in cash handling.
- A minimum of two years experience in customer service and/or retail experience.
- An understanding of and some experience with basic bookkeeping.
- Computer experience and competency with data entry is desirable.
- An appreciation for the travel and/or the aviation industry is helpful.
Note: All employment is contingent upon successful completion of five to ten year background checks.