Airport Foundation MSP
Job Title: Exhibitions Coordinator, Arts@MSP
Supervisor’s Title: Director, Arts@MSP
General Summary: Administer and coordinate exhibitions programs at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under guidance of the Director of Arts@MSP, coordinates high quality and diverse temporary and permanent exhibits at MSP International Airport facilities, events, and related venues.
- Works with marketing department to promote exhibitions with web and printed content.
- Coordinates and schedules installation, deinstallation, and travel of exhibits and evaluation of incoming and outgoing artwork.
- Responsible for packing, unpacking, and crating of art objects, assisting with environmental monitoring, and maintenance and organization of art storage areas and exhibit preparation/fabrication workshop.
- Responds to inquiries regarding compliments, complaints and requests for information pertaining to rotating exhibitions.
- Classifies and catalogs all exhibits and maintains computerized collections database.
- Assists Director of Arts@MSP in monitoring budgets and program development.
- Participates and supports Foundation and airport community projects and events
- Maintains exhibition schedules, agreements, processes payments, and all logistics of exhibitions and artist/artisan/organization orientations.
- Coordinates and supports the daily operations of the Arts@MSP Department including office management and administrative support to include scheduling, meeting minutes, database management, supply inventory, and filing.
- With Volunteer Manager, trains, schedules, and supervises exhibitions volunteers, and supervises contract installation/deinstallation workers and volunteers.
- Creates and provides regular reports to the Director of Arts@MSP.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of art history and movements, exhibit installation, picture framing and art handling techniques, exhibit scheduling and coordination, and the principles and practices of museum standard collections management.
- Ability to remain organized in a multifaceted, fast-paced work environment with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, comfortable and effective working with all levels of staff and with diverse groups of people from different cultures
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to walk distances up to a mile and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and a vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
- Ability to pass a 5 – 10 year background check and maintain badge holder privileges.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Arts Management, Museum Studies, or related discipline.
- Two years related experience in art handling, collections management, exhibitions preparation, gallery administration, and/or visual arts selection.
- Understanding of architectural drawings and engineering concepts very helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and the ability to learn other software.
For consideration, submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements via this link.
Arts@MSP is a program of the Airport Foundation MSP and is governed by the Arts and Culture Master Art Plan for MSP International Airport.